Indications and characteristics
Silicone gel for topical use indicated to treat and prevent scar formation on freshly healed wounds, as well as to reduce raised scars.
For what is Revée® Scar Gel indicated? It is indicated to treat and prevent hypertrophic scars and keloids caused by burns, surgeries or traumas after the wound has fully healed and in presence of an unaffected or closed skin surface. It is also used for reddish and raised immature scars during the active healing process.
What is Revée® Scar Gel? It is a transparent and 100%-medical-grade silicone gel. It is recommended to treat scars due to surgeries, burns and other injuries, because it dries quickly and helps maintain proper skin hydration. It has been shown that the use of medical silicone flattens, softens and smooths scars, relieves the pain, itching and discomfort associated with them, as well as making the redness of the scar tissue less pronounced. Revée® Scar Gel is easily applicable on all skin surfaces, including face, breast, joints, and body parts stressed by movement. It dries quickly, creating a transparent film, on top of which it is then possible to apply sun cream without compromising its effectiveness.
Instructions for use and warnings
How to use Revée® Scar Gel
- Wash and pat dry the area in question, as Revee® Scar Gel should only be applied to dry, clean skin.
- Carefully spread a small amount of gel on the scar without massaging the area. If too much product is applied, use a cloth to gently remove it to prevent your clothes from getting stained.
- After Revée® Scar Gel has dried, you can apply on the skin make-up, cosmetics or sunscreen.
- Use twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, for at least 2 to 3 months. In case of difficult scars, it may be necessary to continue the treatment.
When Revée® Scar Gel should not be used
- Revée® Scar Gel should not be applied on wounds or burns that haven’t fully healed yet.
- Revée® Scar Gel should not be applied in contact with mucous membranes or near the eyes.
- Revée® Scar Gel should not be applied on skin that is being treated with other medicinal and topical products, without first consulting a doctor.
- Revée® Scar Gel should not be used in case of dermatological diseases without first consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
Are there any possible side effects of Revée® Scar Gel?
- The gel can rarely cause redness, pain or skin irritation.
- In case of reactions, discontinue its use.
- If you have any doubt about the above or other side effects, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store Revée® Scar Gel
Revée Scar Gel should be stored at room temperature (not higher than 25 °C).
100% silicone gel (cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer) to treat and prevent hypertrophic scars and keloids.
“I like people who leave their mark. Not scars.”
- 20 g.
- 100% silicone gel (cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer)